Learning more about this great state


This is such a great read! I learned so much, and the information was presented in a really accessible way. It's like reading a narrative in which the main character is the state of California. The pace is good, so I never felt a lull.  

This book was written be Kevin Starr, who was a Californian State Librarian [I didn't even know this was a thing!], historian, and professor at USC.  Very impressive resume. In addition to all the titles above, Kevin Starr was a great writer. I wish I could have met this man!   

In addition to this one, I bought a few of his other books. I am interested in learning more about the history of my state and my city, and Kevin Starr has several more titles dealing with local and state history, and as a native, he has respect for his subject.  The information is detailed and absorbing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kings Win!

I HAVE VOTED =)

WICKED!