Those Winter Anydays...

I drove to work this morning taking in yet another beautiful winter morning.

I know it's just another day in LA when the sun is shining bright (and it was also beautiful--to me at least-- when it was cloudy and gray a few days ago, and yesterday). But it is a special kind of day that we get here, after the rain, when the sky is extra blue and everything has been washed clean...the sun shines clear and the mountains all around in the distance are seen... purple, blue, brown--and green.

I come up over a hill when I can really get a look around, and it's just...wow. Eye wow.

Just last month, I was wondering when it would ever get cold--so I could wear my new soft, warm coat that I bought in December and still hadn't faced a day cool enough to wear.

I mean, Santa Ana's in January? Really? I appreciate t-shirt and flip-flop weather as much as anybody, but I wanted to wear that coat! And we'd had a long, LONG, HOT summer. Enough was enough.

But now, it's really winter! And with the winter comes the cool, the clouds, and even the rain-- and those days between the rains, like today, that take my breath away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I HAVE VOTED =)

Kings Win!

Finally Fall