WICKED!

The Broadway Phenomenon Comes back to LA!




The last time Wicked was in LA, tickets were sold out immediately, impossible to get. That was NOT going to happen to me this time. Thank to quick action--and connected friends (OK, A friend with an American Express card), I was able to get tickets to take my mom, aunt, and grandmother out for my Grandmother's 73rd Birthday.

It was pretty cool. I don't think either of them had been to a live show for quite a long time.

DSCN6867.JPG
Here they are as we wait outside The Pantages Theater for Nancy and Larry to arrive. Nancy was the connected friend, in case you were wondering.


DSCN6878.JPG
This theater has a lot of Hollywood History, and there's really something special about going to a show there. It has been fairly recently renovated, so it is beautiful inside, but it doesn't have an elevator for old people--or any people for that matter. That's what we discovered as my grandmother balked at walking up all the stairs that led to our seats. Yet, somehow she managed to make it. =)


DSCN6868.JPG
Always a tour of some sort on offer in Hollywood. This was an interested and, I dare say, unique vehicle for touring around LA. =)

The show was SPECTACULAR, by the way. The performers were excellent, the set was magnificent, and although the story was softened quite a bit from the original story in the book (which I liked a lot), it was still quite entertaining!

KM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I HAVE VOTED =)

Kings Win!

Finally Fall